An expressive profile picture helps you make a great first impression. After all, a picture says more than a thousand words! Here are some tips for getting the most out of your profile picture.
What makes a good profile picture
- Clarity: your profile picture should be clear and sharp with your face easily recognisable.
- Friendly demeanour: a smiling face is always welcoming and personable. Also remember to dress appropriately and strike a suitable pose.
- Lighting: good lighting can really enhance your photo. It’s best to take your photo in natural daylight.
- Good image quality: to ensure that your photo isn’t pixelated or out of focus, we recommend an image size of at least 400x400 pixels.
- Neutral background: a plain background ensures that you are the focus of the shot.
Examples of an effective profile picture
What to avoid
Please note that profile pictures with the following content are not permitted:
- Group photos: you should be the only person visible in your profile picture. That way, customers instantly know who the profile belongs to.
- Photos featuring children: we take child protection seriously, so photos featuring children whose faces are visible will be categorically rejected.
- Photos featuring pets: profile pictures featuring unsupervised pets will be rejected.
- Poor lighting: images that are dark or too bright can adversely affect the quality of your picture.
- Logos and graphics: photos containing other graphic elements are not permitted as profile pictures. The only exceptions are company logos if you have a corporate account. In this case, please only use your company logo as your profile picture, without any other graphics.
- Photos featuring text: don’t use text in your profile picture.
Please follow our guidelines when adding a profile picture. We review every image that is uploaded. Unfortunately, we cannot accept photos that do not meet our requirements.
Examples of profile pictures that we unfortunately cannot accept
Do you have any more questions regarding your profile picture? Please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly Customer Service Advisors who will be happy to help!